Sunday 9 January 2011

The Sunday Foodie bit

That Eureka moment, how have I stopped my assistant
blogger from chasing the mouse, she's taken over
one of my old laptops to work on, however she seems
to be lying down on the job!  
Started Sunday 9th January 2011. Started 8.15 am.
Word Count 219

Steak and Kidney pudding.  For the readers in Germany and the United States (and elsewhere) this is a traditional British dish.  It is made with suet pastry that is used to line a pudding bowl and  encase a mixture of steak and kidney and onion.  It is covered with a plate and foil then steamed for between 4 and 7 hours depending on how you cook it!  See the link to food where the recipe will appear later.

The occasion for this celebration of British was that my father had turned 69 the previous week.  His request was for this dish.   Owing to the length of cooking it is one that doesn't often make it's way out of my mother's repertoire of dishes.  These are the so called family recipes that nostalgia buffs often talk about.  When served with boiled potatoes and seasonal vegetables this is classic British cooking at it's best.

Only a short blog today since I have added more structure and content to the blogs and websites to include more of those socially empowering sites that I have found and tested.   

 Ipswich Town, my local team, are playing Chelsea to day in the FA Cup.  I’m going to go and see if it is on a TV near me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment